Social Care Institute for Excellence| updated 5 January 2021| Safeguarding adults with dementia during the COVID-19 pandemic
Social Care Institute for Excellence in partnership with the Alzheimer’s Society has published a quick guide to support care providers and staff to safeguard people with dementia during the pandemic. There are increased concerns that, during this time, people may be more vulnerable to abuse or neglect.
This may be a result of:
- increased social isolation
- stress on carers and caring relationships
- overstretched and stressed care staff
- an increase in criminal behaviour (scams etc)
- an increase in domestic abuse
- a range of new contacts (volunteers, those delivering food and medicines).
The guide is available online from SCIE