This new guideline from NICE aims to ensure that people with learning disabilities are given the help they need to access a range of services as they grow older, so they can live healthy and fulfilled lives. It covers identifying changing needs, planning for the future, and delivering services including health, social care and housing.
This guideline includes recommendations on:
- overarching principles
- organising and delivering services
- identifying and assessing care and support needs
- planning and reviewing care and support
- identifying and managing health needs
- end of life care
- staff skills and expertise
The guideline was developed by the NICE Collaborating Centre for Social Care, a partnership which was led by SCIE.