This document details the new national dementia strategy for Wales.
The strategy takes an ambitious rights based approach adopted from England’s Dementia Statements. Vaughan Gething, Cabinet Secretary for Health and Social Services, says in his foreword:
‘We have a clear vision for Wales to be a dementia friendly nation that recognises the rights of people with dementia to feel valued and to live as independently as possible in their communities’.
The document includes chapters on the following areas:
- Risk reduction and delaying onset
- Raising awareness and understanding
- Recognition and identification
- Assessment and diagnosis
- Living as well as possible, for as long as possible with dementia
- The need for increased support
- Supporting the implementation
Full document: Dementia Action Plan for Wales 2018-2022
Leaflet: Wales: A dementia friendly nation